Illness and COVID-19 information
Individuals who are experiencing symptoms of flu, COVID-19, or gastrointestinal distress
测试 for COVID-19 prior to returning to campus. If symptoms warrant, consider testing for flu, strep, or other illnesses.
The individual may return to school if 所有 the following conditions are true:
- 测试 results are negative
- Symptoms are improving
- The individual is fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications
- It has been 24 hours since an incident of vomiting or diarrhea.
Wear a well-fitted KN95-type mask indoors until flu or COVID-19 symptoms have fully resolved.
Individuals who have been exposed to COVID-19
Individuals who have had a significant COVID-19 exposure (e.g., household exposure or prolonged close contact indoors) should wear a well-fitted, high-quality KN95-type mask indoors for ten days following exposure.
Individuals must monitor carefully for symptoms and stay home and test if not feeling well, even if symptoms are 温和的.
测试 frequently for COVID-19. We recommend testing daily if possible, or at a minimum immediately upon learning of exposure and at least on day three and day 6 after exposure.
Individuals who test positive for COVID-19
- Inform the 健康的团队 () of the diagnosis and follow all CDC requirements.
- Stay home and isolate for at least five days (CDC defines day one as the day after the positive test).
- 第6天, if the individual has no symptoms or symptoms are resolving, and they are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication, they may return to school.
- Per CDC and Waynflete, individuals are 要求 to wear a well fitting KN95-type mask from days 6–10, indoors and outdoors.
Students in the EC program may need to return for half-days only during days 6–10 as we cannot accommodate unmasked nap time. Please discuss with the 健康的团队 更多的 information.
Athletes who are returning after a COVID-19 diagnosis
后一个 无症状的 or 温和的 COVID-19 感染, a student-athlete may return to athletic participation on day six, i.e., following five-day isolation (day 1 is the first day after positive test) if they are otherwise healthy and meet criteria in the policy for returning to school after COVID-19 diagnosis. If the student-athlete had a 温和的 or 严重的 感染, their PCP should provide the Waynflete 健康的团队 with specific guidance for their return to athletics.